My first memories are slowly fading so my hope is that while I still have some of them I want to put them down here so as I age and they become lost I will have a place to come back to, to remember.
Time with Mom are my first memories. The sight of her as she hung laundry on the line behind our home. I remember sitting on the ground and looking up at her and feeling safe. The wind passing through the white sheets and her standing there hanging them in the bright sun. The fresh smell of her and the clean laundry created peace for me. Nothing else mattered but that moment. I don't know what I was doing but I was loved and to me it was heaven.
She created a place for us of warmth and safety. Ours was a place that others wanted to come to. Our was a place we wanted to be.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmm.. I wonder if as the years go by and my sons think back... will they remember being with me a " safe place"?
ReplyDelete